Navratna, also known as the “nine gems,” is a traditional Indian astrological concept that associates nine gems with nine celestial bodies or planets. These gems are believed to have spiritual and astrological significance, and are said to bring good fortune and shield the wearer from negative energies. Navratna is also used in traditional Indian medicine, known as Ayurveda, as a remedy for various ailments.
The spiritual significance of the Navratna gems goes beyond just astrology. Many people believe that the gems have healing properties and can be used for meditation and spiritual growth. Each gem is associated with a specific planet and is believed to represent the properties and energies of that planet. Here is a quick view of it.
- Ruby (Sun) : Enhances vitality, leadership and purity. However, it can revoke negative feelings such as inflated egotism and self-absorption.
- Pearl (Moon) : Improves emotional stability, contentment, and friendliness and is often used in Ayurvedic medicine. It must be balanced with other gems to avoid isolation, anxiety, mood swings and relationship problems.
- Red Coral (Mars) : Associated with sexuality as well as vitality and bestows the wearer insight and courage. It must be worn with caution because it can kindle anger issues and must be avoided by people with high sex drive and fever.
- Emerald (Mercury) : This gem is safe for everyone unless the person wearing it has some psychological issues. It is known to have a soothing effect on the digestive system and increases mental capacity, improving communication skills and mental control.
- Yellow Sapphire (Jupiter) : An individual with a weak Jupiter in their chart can feel histrionic and experience intense emotions. Wearing this gem can heighten qualities such as wisdom, judgement, compassion, enthusiasm, and joyfulness.
- Diamond (Venus) : Imparts the “divine feminine”. Qualities of love, beauty, grace are enhanced but can make a person overly sensuous and passive.
- Blue Sapphire (Saturn): Having a controversial planetary connection to Saturn, the Blue Sapphire can cause complications in one’s life such as insomnia, diseases, financial problems. Hence, the gem should be worn with a precaution considering its purity and size is a must.
- Hessonite (Rahu): This Hessonite stone brings calmness, clarity of thought, and boosts the self-confidence of the wearer and helps in treating illnesses
- Cat’s Eye (Ketu): An impaired ketu in the charts causes lack of insight, concentration, doubt, uncertainty and wearer of this gem can alleviate these problems under the guidance of an astrologer.
Overall, it is a fascinating concept that combines astrology, spirituality, and traditional Indian medicine. Whether you believe in the spiritual significance of the nine gems or not, there is no denying the beauty and versatility of these precious stones. To learn more about these gems and how they are incorporated for healing, astrological purposes, or even as fashion jewelry, enroll with JK Diamonds as a Gemology Graduate. We offer high-quality practical training and follow a result-oriented training system, not just a stamped certificate.